Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Tech Entrepreneurship: Eliminating waste and eliminating scarcity

July 17, 2024

AI for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners

July 17, 2024

Young Entrepreneurs Succeed in Timor-Leste Business Plan Competition

July 17, 2024
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Prosper planet pulse
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
    • Advertise with Us
  • AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
  • Contact
  • DMCA Policy
  • Our Authors
  • Terms of Use
  • Shop
Prosper planet pulse
Home»Politics»Trump completes pre-sentence interview with New York Probation Office, sources tell CNN
Politics

Trump completes pre-sentence interview with New York Probation Office, sources tell CNN

prosperplanetpulse.comBy prosperplanetpulse.comJune 10, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Rick Scutelli/AP

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Phoenix on June 6, 2024.



CNN
—

Former President Donald Trump completed a pre-sentence interview with the New York City Probation Department on Monday after being convicted in a hush money trial last month, a source familiar with the hearing told CNN.

“Today, President Trump [the] “New York Probation Office. The interview was uneventful and lasted less than 30 minutes,” the source said, adding that “the president and his team will continue to fight the lawless Manhattan District Attorney’s witch hunt.”

A second source told CNN the interview took place on Monday around 3:30 p.m.

Trump answered all questions in the online interview and was described as polite, respectful and friendly to his probation officer, according to a New York City official familiar with the interview.

The New York City Probation Department’s director, Juanita Holmes, the department’s general counsel and the police officer working on Trump’s case were also present, according to people familiar with the matter. Trump’s lawyer, Todd Blanche, was also in attendance. It is unusual for pre-sentence interviews to be attended by anyone other than the police officer and the defendant.

At the end of the interview, Trump told the officers to stay safe, according to the source.

The probation department did not rule out the possibility of additional interviews, the official added.

The meeting will be part of a report the probation department will submit to Judge Juan Marchan ahead of Trump’s sentencing, scheduled for 10 a.m. on July 11. Marchan could sentence the presumptive Republican presidential nominee to up to four years on probation or up to 20 years in state prison on each count.

During the pre-sentence interview, the defendant is typically asked about any convictions and basic background information, such as employment history, criminal history, etc. Defendants are not required to cooperate with the routine pre-sentence investigation, but the judge may draw adverse inferences from a defendant’s lack of cooperation.

As part of the process, Trump’s legal team will be able to submit letters of support from friends and family to Marchant. A source familiar with the planning said the former president’s legal team is expected to submit a sentencing recommendation on Thursday.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is also expected to submit a memo informing the judge of the sentence it believes is appropriate for Trump.

A Manhattan jury last month found Trump guilty of all 34 charges in his hush-money trial, making him the first former president to be convicted of a felony. Trump was accused in 2016 of falsifying business records related to hush-money payments to adult film stars.

This story has been updated with additional details.

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins, Alaina Turine and Lauren Del Valle contributed to this report.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
prosperplanetpulse.com
  • Website

Related Posts

Politics

Biden, Democrats, Republicans condemn shooting at Trump rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

President Trump safe in shooting under investigation as assassination attempt

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

New York politicians react to possible shooting – NBC New York

July 14, 2024
Politics

Melania Trump not planning to speak at Republican Convention

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump rushes off stage after shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 13, 2024
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

The rule of law is more important than feelings about Trump | Opinion

July 15, 2024

OPINION | Biden needs to follow through on promise to help Tulsa victims

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Why China is off-limits to me now

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Fast food chains’ value menu wars benefit consumers

July 15, 2024
Latest Posts

ATLANTIC-ACM Announces 2024 U.S. Business Connectivity Service Provider Excellence Awards

July 10, 2024

Costco’s hourly workers will get a pay raise. Read the CEO memo.

July 10, 2024

Why a Rockland restaurant closed after 48 years

July 10, 2024

Stay Connected

Twitter Linkedin-in Instagram Facebook-f Youtube

Subscribe