Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Tech Entrepreneurship: Eliminating waste and eliminating scarcity

July 17, 2024

AI for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners

July 17, 2024

Young Entrepreneurs Succeed in Timor-Leste Business Plan Competition

July 17, 2024
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Prosper planet pulse
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
    • Advertise with Us
  • AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
  • Contact
  • DMCA Policy
  • Our Authors
  • Terms of Use
  • Shop
Prosper planet pulse
Home»Politics»RFK Jr. extracts another $8 million from vice presidential candidate Nicole Shanahan
Politics

RFK Jr. extracts another $8 million from vice presidential candidate Nicole Shanahan

prosperplanetpulse.comBy prosperplanetpulse.comMay 16, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s running mate, Silicon Valley investor Nicole Shanahan, joined an independent presidential campaign Wednesday night in an expensive effort to gain access to the ballot across the country. He said he donated an additional $8 million. This is to push Kennedy onto the debate stage.

Mr. Shanahan’s new donation, announced at a comedy fundraiser in Nashville, brings his total campaign contributions to $10 million, including a super PAC supporting Mr. Kennedy to help pay for the super show. It does not include the $4 million donated to Bowl ad from earlier this year. Shanahan, a lawyer formerly married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin, donated $2 million to Kennedy’s campaign shortly after he named her his running mate in March.

After nodding to the media, Shanahan said, “I think I know what they’re going to say. They’re going to say Bobby only picked me for the money,” drawing laughter from the audience.

Shanahan’s comments came near the end of the four-hour event at Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium. She followed performances by comedians including Russell Brand, Rob Schneider and former “Saturday Night Live” performer Jim Breuer. Although many of the performers praised Kennedy, they spent time on stage criticizing the coronavirus vaccine, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the mainstream news media and President Biden.

Mr. Shanahan’s personal wealth has become an important asset to Mr. Kennedy. Campaign finance laws restrict individuals from contributing more than $6,600 to a campaign, but candidates themselves can donate an unlimited amount of their own money.

Her cash is a financial lifeline while their campaigns undertake the costly effort to reach the polls in all 50 states. This would be a difficult and expensive undertaking under any circumstances, but all the more so as Democrats and their allies have vowed to get elected. Legal challenges to initiatives.

Mr. Shanahan said on the same day that Mr. Biden and former President Donald J. Trump agreed to two debates, one on June 27 on CNN and the other on September 10 on ABC News. announced. In doing so, they rejected the traditional Commission on Presidential Debates, which has hosted the event for decades.

Both candidates have sought to keep Kennedy off the stage, with Biden campaign chair Jennifer O’Malley Dillon making clear in a letter to the committee: And Donald Trump accepted those terms. ”

But Mr. Kennedy could potentially qualify for the CNN debate, an effort that would actually be better done under the network’s voting rules than under guidelines set by the debate commission. could become easier. Mr. Kennedy needs to show support of at least 15 percent in four national polls approved between March 13 and June 20. Mr. Kennedy has already topped that mark in at least two polls, one by CNN and one by Quinnipiac University. He has an additional five weeks to get more qualifying votes.

To be eligible to participate in the CNN debate, Mr. Kennedy also needs to appear on the ballot in enough states where he has a chance of winning the 270 Electoral College votes needed to elect the president. He is currently on the ballot in five states with a total of 84 electors, but the deadline for him to qualify for the debate will require him to be on the ballot in other states. , the camp has been given an additional five weeks.

After news of Wednesday’s scheduled debate became public, Kennedy criticized both Biden and Trump.

“They are trying to remove me from the debate for fear that I will win,” he wrote. on social media. “Keeping strong candidates out of the debate undermines democracy.”





Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
prosperplanetpulse.com
  • Website

Related Posts

Politics

Biden, Democrats, Republicans condemn shooting at Trump rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

President Trump safe in shooting under investigation as assassination attempt

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

New York politicians react to possible shooting – NBC New York

July 14, 2024
Politics

Melania Trump not planning to speak at Republican Convention

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump rushes off stage after shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 13, 2024
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

The rule of law is more important than feelings about Trump | Opinion

July 15, 2024

OPINION | Biden needs to follow through on promise to help Tulsa victims

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Why China is off-limits to me now

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Fast food chains’ value menu wars benefit consumers

July 15, 2024
Latest Posts

ATLANTIC-ACM Announces 2024 U.S. Business Connectivity Service Provider Excellence Awards

July 10, 2024

Costco’s hourly workers will get a pay raise. Read the CEO memo.

July 10, 2024

Why a Rockland restaurant closed after 48 years

July 10, 2024

Stay Connected

Twitter Linkedin-in Instagram Facebook-f Youtube

Subscribe