Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Tech Entrepreneurship: Eliminating waste and eliminating scarcity

July 17, 2024

AI for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners

July 17, 2024

Young Entrepreneurs Succeed in Timor-Leste Business Plan Competition

July 17, 2024
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Prosper planet pulse
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
    • Advertise with Us
  • AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
  • Contact
  • DMCA Policy
  • Our Authors
  • Terms of Use
  • Shop
Prosper planet pulse
Home»Politics»Georgia appeals court indefinitely halts Donald Trump’s election subversion conspiracy case
Politics

Georgia appeals court indefinitely halts Donald Trump’s election subversion conspiracy case

prosperplanetpulse.comBy prosperplanetpulse.comJune 6, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email




CNN
—

A Georgia appeals court has blocked an election interference conspiracy lawsuit against Donald Trump and several co-defendants, a major victory for the former president, who had been seeking to extend further legal challenges into 2025 if he doesn’t win all of his cases.

A new order filed Wednesday by the Georgia Court of Appeals is the latest sign that a Georgia state-level election interference case will not be tried before the 2024 presidential election. The court said the case will be on hold until a panel of judges rules on whether Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis should be disqualified.

The appeals court is expected to rule on the disbarment issue by March 2025, but a ruling could come sooner. Multiple sources close to the case told CNN that the timeline remains highly uncertain.

Fulton County Superior Judge Scott McAfee initially allowed the case to continue in his courtroom as he considered an appeals court’s decision to allow Willis’ case to continue.

A spokesman for Willis’ office said he could not comment on the appeals court’s order at this time. The district attorney can ask the appeals court to rule on the case quickly if necessary.

The appeals court’s decision underscores a string of successes for Trump’s long-standing strategy of putting prosecutors on the defensive, attacking them publicly and challenging them in court.

Trump and his co-defendants in the wide-ranging fraud case have sought to remove Willis from the case because of her romantic relationship with Nathan Wade, the special prosecutor hired to handle the case. They allege that Willis benefited financially from her relationship with Wade, who, according to the defense, paid for multiple vacations for the pair.

After a mini-trial in March in which lawyers for Trump and his co-defendants tried to prove their case against Willis and Wade, McAfee determined there was insufficient evidence to conclusively prove that Willis had financially benefited from the relationship.

Willis’ testimony in the televised trial drew attention to her personal life and distracted from the charges facing Trump and others in Georgia.

The judge ultimately decided that Willis could continue on the case if Wade resigned, and Wade subsequently resigned.

Steve Sadow, Trump’s lead lawyer in Georgia, said the sentence was appropriate.

“The Georgia Court of Appeals has properly stayed all trial court litigation against President Trump pending the ruling on an interlocutory appeal arguing that the case should be dismissed and that Fulton County District Attorney Willis should be disbarred for misconduct,” Sadow said in a statement.

In a brief speech to reporters on Wednesday night, Trump was asked if he had lost confidence in his legal team following the guilty verdict in his New York hush-money criminal trial. “No, it’s a rigged system, it’s a terrible system, in fact,” he replied.

“I think we’re doing very well. Big things happened in Georgia today,” the former president said.

Meanwhile, in Trump’s classified documents case in Florida, the federal judge overseeing the trial has shown a penchant for spending much of his courtroom time on Trump’s requests to question the authority of investigators and prosecutors.

Judge Eileen Cannon said Wednesday she remains open to holding a hearing to allow Trump to swear federal investigators under oath and for his defense team to question him, and said she would set aside a day and a half this month to hear prosecutors’ legality arguments.

Like the Georgia lawsuit, no trial date has been set for the Florida document lawsuit.

This story has been updated with additional details.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
prosperplanetpulse.com
  • Website

Related Posts

Politics

Biden, Democrats, Republicans condemn shooting at Trump rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

President Trump safe in shooting under investigation as assassination attempt

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

New York politicians react to possible shooting – NBC New York

July 14, 2024
Politics

Melania Trump not planning to speak at Republican Convention

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump rushes off stage after shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 13, 2024
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

The rule of law is more important than feelings about Trump | Opinion

July 15, 2024

OPINION | Biden needs to follow through on promise to help Tulsa victims

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Why China is off-limits to me now

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Fast food chains’ value menu wars benefit consumers

July 15, 2024
Latest Posts

ATLANTIC-ACM Announces 2024 U.S. Business Connectivity Service Provider Excellence Awards

July 10, 2024

Costco’s hourly workers will get a pay raise. Read the CEO memo.

July 10, 2024

Why a Rockland restaurant closed after 48 years

July 10, 2024

Stay Connected

Twitter Linkedin-in Instagram Facebook-f Youtube

Subscribe