Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Tech Entrepreneurship: Eliminating waste and eliminating scarcity

July 17, 2024

AI for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners

July 17, 2024

Young Entrepreneurs Succeed in Timor-Leste Business Plan Competition

July 17, 2024
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Prosper planet pulse
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
    • Advertise with Us
  • AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
  • Contact
  • DMCA Policy
  • Our Authors
  • Terms of Use
  • Shop
Prosper planet pulse
Home»Politics»‘Bad political theater’: Beijing’s Hong Kong office slams Western envoys for visiting Tiananmen Square memorial site on 35th anniversary
Politics

‘Bad political theater’: Beijing’s Hong Kong office slams Western envoys for visiting Tiananmen Square memorial site on 35th anniversary

prosperplanetpulse.comBy prosperplanetpulse.comJune 5, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


China’s Hong Kong office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs slammed Western diplomats for “provocative acts” and “poor political theater” following the surprise appearance of at least five envoys in Victoria Park on the 35th anniversary of Hong Kong’s Independence Day. Tiananmen Square incident.

A spokesman for the office criticized the European Union Delegation to Hong Kong and the consulates of the UK, the US and other countries in Hong Kong, saying some external forces were bucking the tide and stubbornly stirring up issues that have already been resolved.

“Some staff at foreign consulates in Hong Kong have ignored basic consular ethics and codes of conduct, and are using outdated tactics of ideological infiltration and peaceful evolution to stage political drama under the pretext of ‘human rights’,” the office said in a statement on Tuesday night.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry’s Hong Kong branch says some staff at foreign consulates in Hong Kong are staging political drama. Photo: Wharton Lee

The spokesman said these actions were intended to create conflict, incite hostility and maliciously tarnish China’s image.

“Their malicious intent to destabilize Hong Kong and contain China is clearly evident,” he said.

China’s Foreign Ministry’s Hong Kong office urged the consulate to abide by basic norms in international relations and stop interfering in national affairs.

On Tuesday, the British, US, Canadian and Australian consulates in Hong Kong issued social media posts marking the anniversary of the crackdown amid uncertainty about any public commemorations.

Electric candles were also seen lining the windows of the US consulate and EU offices.

Diplomats including EU Deputy Secretary-General Matthias Kaufmann, German Consul General Stefan Bredour and Dutch Consul General Arjen van den Bergh were among those in Victoria Park, which had also previously hosted a candlelight vigil to mark the anniversary.

The three did not answer questions from reporters, but were seen walking together in the park surrounded by police and reporters at around 7:30 pm during the rally.

Electric candles were seen lining the windows of the US Consulate. Photo: Eugene Lee

The three were wearing business suits, and the EU delegation was also seen browsing a food carnival organised by pro-Beijing groups at a football field in the park.

Also at the scene were French Special Envoy Christie de Lourouet, Belgian diplomat David Lomastro and Japanese Consul General Kenichi Okada.

In response, the Hong Kong government said some rights and freedoms may be restricted in accordance with the law to safeguard national security, public safety and order.

“If anyone breaks the law, law enforcement agencies will deal with them in accordance with the law,” the spokesman said, warning that forces were still trying to undermine social stability and threaten public safety in Hong Kong.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
prosperplanetpulse.com
  • Website

Related Posts

Politics

Biden, Democrats, Republicans condemn shooting at Trump rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

President Trump safe in shooting under investigation as assassination attempt

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

New York politicians react to possible shooting – NBC New York

July 14, 2024
Politics

Melania Trump not planning to speak at Republican Convention

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump rushes off stage after shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 13, 2024
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

The rule of law is more important than feelings about Trump | Opinion

July 15, 2024

OPINION | Biden needs to follow through on promise to help Tulsa victims

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Why China is off-limits to me now

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Fast food chains’ value menu wars benefit consumers

July 15, 2024
Latest Posts

ATLANTIC-ACM Announces 2024 U.S. Business Connectivity Service Provider Excellence Awards

July 10, 2024

Costco’s hourly workers will get a pay raise. Read the CEO memo.

July 10, 2024

Why a Rockland restaurant closed after 48 years

July 10, 2024

Stay Connected

Twitter Linkedin-in Instagram Facebook-f Youtube

Subscribe