Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Tech Entrepreneurship: Eliminating waste and eliminating scarcity

July 17, 2024

AI for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners

July 17, 2024

Young Entrepreneurs Succeed in Timor-Leste Business Plan Competition

July 17, 2024
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • Business News
    • Entrepreneurship
  • Investments
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Startups
    • Stock Market
  • Trending
    • Technology
  • Online Jobs
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Prosper planet pulse
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
    • Advertise with Us
  • AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
  • Contact
  • DMCA Policy
  • Our Authors
  • Terms of Use
  • Shop
Prosper planet pulse
Home»Politics»Political consultant allegedly behind fake Biden robocalls indicted
Politics

Political consultant allegedly behind fake Biden robocalls indicted

prosperplanetpulse.comBy prosperplanetpulse.comMay 24, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The political consultant Hospitalized The company was indicted on 26 counts by the Federal Communications Commission in New Hampshire and fined $6 million for sending fake automated calls impersonating President Biden ahead of the New Hampshire Democratic primary earlier this year.

New Hampshire’s Attorney General announced Thursday that Steve Cramer has been indicted in multiple states on 13 felony counts of voter suppression and bribery, as well as 13 counts of candidate impersonation, and that Cramer has also been fined $6 million by the FCC for making illegal robocalls.

In a recording of the call obtained by CBS News, a voice sounding like Biden tells Democratic New Hampshire voters to “save” their votes for November’s general election and to stay home.

Click here to see related media.

Click to enlarge

“Voting this Tuesday only gives Republicans a chance to re-elect Donald Trump,” the voice says. “Your vote doesn’t mean this Tuesday, it means November.”

It is the first time that “deepfake” technology has been intertwined with a US election, and this week the US Intelligence agencies warn In a breaking report obtained by CBS News, he spoke about the threat of generative AI heading into November.

In this image taken from video, Steve Kramer speaks during an interview in Miami on Monday, Feb. 26, 2024.

AP


Kramer is accused of orchestrating the robocalls. Interview with CBS New YorkCramer said he wanted to draw attention to the need for federal and state regulation of the use of artificial intelligence in politics, adding that he spent $500 to create the fake Biden voice. Cramer said about 5,000 people received the call.

“For me to do that and get $5 million worth of attention, I need to remain anonymous so that the restrictions will go away or at least start to go away on their own. I don’t need to be famous. That was not my intention. My intention was to make a difference,” Steve Cramer told CBS New York.

CBS News has reached out to Kramer for comment on the indictment.

Following the call, the Federal Communications Commission issued a unanimous ruling in early February outlawing AI-generated voices in robocalls. The FCC also separately fined Ringo Telecom, the provider from which Cramer’s call originated, $2 million for “clear violations of the FCC’s caller ID authentication rules.”

In an interview with NBC News, the New Orleans magician said he created the robocall, which the network further reported took less than 20 minutes to create and cost just $1.

New Hampshire Attorney General John Formella said in a statement that he hopes the indictment will “serve as a powerful deterrent to those who seek to interfere in our elections, including through the use of artificial intelligence.”

A spokesman for Rep. Dean Phillips, who spent much of his time campaigning in New Hampshire during Biden’s primary for the Democratic nomination, said in January that his campaign had no involvement in robocalls. After NBC detailed Cramer’s work for Phillips’ campaign helping with ballot access, the spokesman said Cramer made the calls “of his own volition” and that “we firmly condemn his actions.”

“This case is the canary in the coal mine,” Phillips told CBS News in a statement Thursday evening. “Congress must take immediate action to reign in the malign uses of artificial intelligence before it controls us.”

more



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
prosperplanetpulse.com
  • Website

Related Posts

Politics

Biden, Democrats, Republicans condemn shooting at Trump rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

President Trump safe in shooting under investigation as assassination attempt

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump injured in shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 14, 2024
Politics

New York politicians react to possible shooting – NBC New York

July 14, 2024
Politics

Melania Trump not planning to speak at Republican Convention

July 14, 2024
Politics

Trump rushes off stage after shooting at Pennsylvania rally

July 13, 2024
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Editor's Picks

The rule of law is more important than feelings about Trump | Opinion

July 15, 2024

OPINION | Biden needs to follow through on promise to help Tulsa victims

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Why China is off-limits to me now

July 15, 2024

Opinion | Fast food chains’ value menu wars benefit consumers

July 15, 2024
Latest Posts

ATLANTIC-ACM Announces 2024 U.S. Business Connectivity Service Provider Excellence Awards

July 10, 2024

Costco’s hourly workers will get a pay raise. Read the CEO memo.

July 10, 2024

Why a Rockland restaurant closed after 48 years

July 10, 2024

Stay Connected

Twitter Linkedin-in Instagram Facebook-f Youtube

Subscribe